Monday, October 23, 2006

Altruism is alive at SOSA

For those that don't get the email posts through the mailing list, here is a feel-good story about one of SOSA's more altruistic members, Adam Zieba, as written by Tomas Rezek:

"I would like to share an interesting, heart-warming experience I had at SOSA some two weeks ago. As I mentioned that we are potentially interested in a trailer at SOSA campground, Adam Zieba approached me with an offer to sell his. However, his condition was that instead of paying him, I should donate the entire proceedings to the Canadian Junior Soaring Team. My family and few other people witnessed this, and it had an interesting impact on my teenage son, who has been thinking about it ever since. It might have been a first instance he has experienced such generosity in a "stranger" first hand, and I am pretty sure it will have some impact on his future behaviour. Therefore, not only do I want to think Adam for being such a nice guy, but I would also like to share the feeling we have about this event with others, to "make the world a better place" :)

So, all you flying juniors, enjoy Adam's donation and have fun!"


Nicely done. The good Karma produced by this and other unselfish actions by club members reap future benefits since for every event that occurs, there will follow other events whose existence was caused by the first.