From freeflight Issue (5/84)
We thought that we would reprint the unofficial official rules of the club (as opposed to the official official rules, which no one has seen for years and are, in fact, locked in a filing cabinet in a disused men’s room with a sign on the door saying “Beware of the Leopard.”
1. Come early (unpack the hangar) or
2. Leave late (repack the hangar)
3. Stay overnight. The club does not die at 5:00 pm.
4. Be ready on the flight line (the golden rule definitely applies here)
5. Chase a glider that touches down (participate)
6. Help record flight down times (especially when the field manager is getting harried)
7. Be nice
8. Be patient
9. Thank your tow pilot
10. Thank your instructor
11. “Understand” " that fellow club member who you always disliked (maybe he’s not the jerk you always assumed he was)
12. If you don’t know, ASK!
13. Volunteer (take the plunge it’s fun!)
14. Leave everything else at home (your ego, your anger, your frustrations)
15. Keep your club clean, (this means throwing out yours, and maybe someone else’s pop cans, water bottles, Kleenex, apple cores, etc.)
16. Try doing the facilities a favour (wash a plane, clean a windscreen, sweep out a hangar, mow the grass, gather some trash. We do not have resident elves for these tasks)
17. Share the load (who do you think operates the club? WE ALL DO)
18. Go to a club meeting. What better way to voice your opinion (no one will do it for you) and find out what’s really happening.
19. Smiling is contagious infect someone!